Cybersteel Inc.
376-293 City Road, Suite 600
San Francisco, CA 94102

Have any questions?
+44 1234 567 890

Drop us a line
info@yourdomain.com

About us

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.

Aenean commodo ligula eget dolor. Aenean massa. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Donec quam felis, ultricies nec.

EN
Have any Questions? +01 123 444 555

15.09.2020 13:38
by Martina Hüttinger

30 seconds...

30 seconds....
When do employees have accidents? A question that is not easy to answer. However, I observe time and again in companies that many of the events occur in stressful situations, mostly because there was a disruption in the routine process.
When I talk to people who have been injured, I hear the same sentence over and over again: "I just wanted to ... help quickly / to lend a hand / to prevent damage, etc”. The employee meant well and risked his health.
A few seconds, which, in case of a malfunction, decide whether the person has an accident or not. Most people who have an accident say afterwards: "If only I had taken the time to look at the situation again! I knew the danger!"
So what is important to do? To live the STOP idea. Pause in situations that are outside your own routine. Reassess the situation, become aware of hazards. How long does it take an employee to recognize a danger? 10 seconds, 30 seconds? No matter how long, the main thing is that he/she takes the time. In 30 seconds, employees recognize a lot of hazards and can then use their awareness to act more safely. 30 seconds that everyone has! 30 seconds that can decide whether YOU stay healthy!

(www.istock.com)

Martina Hüttinger
Principal Consultant
IBS Germany Institute Bruno Schmaeling Consulting Group

Martina Hüttinger

Principal Consultant
IBS Germany

© 2024 Institute Bruno Schmaeling Consulting Group